How do I log into my account on the website and App?
- View your checked out items.
- Renew your items.
- View any fines you may owe.
- Place a request for an item.
- View items you have requested.
- Book a meeting room (on the website only)
How do I request an item?
2. Enter your user name and password/PIN.
3. Once logged in, type the title, author, or subject of the item you wish to request in the search field.
4. A listing will be brought up. This list can be sorted by clicking on any of the choices in the "Sort By" box on the right side of the screen. Searches can also be narrowed by using the filter choices on the left side of the screen.
5. When the correct item is located, click on the title to get the item screen.
6. Click the request button next to your branch's copy.
7. Select pick up location from the pulldown menu (Marion, Saltville, or Chilhowie). Put a date in the "last needed by" box, then click the submit request button.
8. We will notify you when the item is ready for pick up.
How do I get a library card?
How do I protect myself if my card is lost or stolen?
How do I know who is responsible if an item gets damaged while checked out on my card?
How do I replace a lost card?
How do I know the loan periods for the items that I checkout?
|Adult Books||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Children's Books||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Adult Magazines||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Children's Magazines||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Children's Paperbacks||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Adult Music CD's & Cassettes||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Children's Music CD's & Cassettes||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Adult Recorded Books||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|Children's Recorded Books||2 Weeks||$0.10 per day overdue fine|
|DVD's & Blue Rays||3 Days||$1.00 per day overdue fine|
Maximum fine for most materials will be $3.00 per item. Maximum fine for DVD's & Blue Rays is $5.00 per item. Fines for films or AV equipment will be accrued at the rate of $1.00 per day. Failure to return items will result in the patron being charged replacement cost for the item.
How do I renew my materials without coming to the library?
How do I know how many items I may check out?
How do I know where to return checked out items?
How do I get access to books and magazine articles that the library does not have?
How can I gain access to Census records for Smyth and the surrounding counties?
2. On the homepage under the calendar click “book a meeting room”.
3. Fill in the date and beginning/end times needed.
4. Under “currently reserved items” choose which meeting room needed using the dropdown arrow.
5. Click “save”
If there is a conflict with a previously booked and confirmed booking - a box will come up that says “dates and times conflict” and a graph will show available/not available times. As soon as there are no conflicts, click save again and an email is sent to the library staff to confirm the request. Currently patrons cannot book a meeting for longer than 4 hours. Please contact Library staff if you have special requests, need to book a room for longer than 4 hours, or if you need information on available equipment. For meeting rooms in Marion, call 276-783-2323 ext. 235 and for the meeting room in Bland, call 276-688-3737.